Thursday 30 April 2009

art ubud day 4

I woke up and quickly took a shower to get read yfor our last night in this fantastic esp . I took the same usual pancake breakfast with orange juice. This time the pancakes were awesome. We went to the hotel lobby to see our artist for the day, Ms kerry. She i was there to help and instruct us for drawing rice feilds. We went for a 10 minute walk to reach the padifield , but it was not as tiring. We observed on the colors and how the padi leaves were shaped to get and idea for our sketch plan. We were at an organic cafe which was fantastic ,espicialyt the lemonades. Me and my friend brian decide to draw normal tress wit ha padi background. I thought it was really interesting . I thought AI had a good sketch and labeling them with Kerry's special technique of sketching. Her technique was that you have to apint the darkest sketch first then the next darker sketch, then you sketch the lighter one.

Afteer a good experience in the padi fields we went for lunch at "waroeng enak", with respect, it was the worst meal i have had in this trip. Snce the meal was very plain and the meat did not have a good taste, but the desert was nice. After our lunch we headed of to Ms. Kerry's gallery to make our sketches into painting. They maybe had a small gallery, but beautiful paintings were everywhere. I started off with a good sketch and then I started to paint my sketch . It started out well, bu then I realized ms bammi was right we should apprceate the artists because tehy were patient and made extraordinary paintings. Mine turned out to be an average 8th grade apinting which I expected but it could have been better.
After painting , we all said bye to Ms.kerry for a wonderful workshop.
Aftert the workshop we went for some shopping around ubud, tat's where i bought a backscratcher which i love.      

After shopping, i went to the internet afe to chill and relax because we were suppose to meet up 2 hours later. We went for dinner at the best restaurant in the trip. BEBEK BENGIL!! Fried duc, yummy yummy!!! Everyone in my table hated it except for me, well obviously because I am use to eating this kind of food. After an excellent dinner we went back to the lovely hotel and started packing. 

What a night in a wonderful esp!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment